Why Salesforce? It’s the world’s leading CRM platform and now relied upon by many thousands of charity and non-profit organisations
There has been a technical shift over the last decade, away from dated SQL-based systems and databases to ‘cloud-based’ platforms with far greater capabilities and hugely improved user interfaces.
Contrary to popular misconceptions, ‘cloud-based’ simply means using the internet. Data and software are hosted on powerful, robust servers which are physically housed remotely from your office in specially-designed, highly secure units.
Being ‘cloud-based’ gives you access to your data from anywhere, at any time. It also means you use far superior, robust hardware but at a much lower cost than buying even mediocre in-house equipment. Back-ups are regular and automatic, eliminating the need to remember to take copies and store them safely.
Founded at the turn of the millennium, Salesforce is an ultra-modern, cloud-based platform and the largest CRM (customer relationship management) provider in the world, with more users than any other platform. It’s the most trusted CRM system globally, used by some of the world’s top organisations including leading banks, each of which demands the highest data integrity and security.
Salesforce is extremely popular within the charity and non-profit sectors, with over 2,000 charities using Salesforce in the UK alone – a number which is rising rapidly. It’s also the chosen platform for many international charities. It even has a charitable foundation from which you can benefit greatly.
Why choose Salesforce?
We strongly believe Salesforce is way ahead of its competitors in every respect. It’s fast to configure and has very attractive rates for charities and non-profits.
It's features are too many to list here but they include:
- easy to use and intuitive – less training required, fast user acceptance and upskilling
- integration with Microsoft Outlook
- easy process automation, such as thanking, reminding, informing, reject handling, reactivation, etc.
- full task automation and event triggers such as a cancelled Direct Debit or an unusually large donation
- quick and easy online reporting
…and a few observations from a technical perspective:
- quick to deploy: configuration rather than development, so faster and cheaper
- no IT expertise required
- scalable from 1 to 100,000 users
- no expensive upgrades – you get them automatically and seamlessly, including adaptations to social media ‘versions’
- any user can access the data from anywhere, at any time, from any internet-enabled device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone)
- the Salesforce portal can be made available to third parties, such as agencies and call centres in the UK and abroad, with each update visible immediately by other parties.
Thousands of apps available to help with the following….
- full e-mail integration (including mass campaigns) and SMS (‘texting’) tools
- address look-up tools, making data quicker to input
- ability to clean your data – and keep it clean
- social media tracking and management, including Twitter tracking and alerts event registration tools
- volunteer management, matching skills and availability to tasks and producing timesheets
- works with all payment gateways such as PayPal, Worldpay, iATS and Payonomy and online giving platforms including JustGiving and Virgin Money
- full integration possible with your website, such as automating online donations and capturing and actioning supporter sign-ups