- Wished to facilitate their year-on-year income growth through effective digital and offline marketing
- Wanted to use journeys to automate timely and personalized communications to acquire, retain and develop donors
- Strategically steward supporter cohorts through stages of their relationship with WCR over time
- Implementation of Marketing Cloud (Professional Edition + Marketing Cloud for Non-profit App add-on)
- Deployment of Audience Assembler, our accelerator, with all automations built according to this model – helping WCR to segment their audiences.
- Full package of our Contact Care Accelerator to control the contact count of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Built a consent page and profile page: Consent capture Cloud Page creation and integration with CRM System. Consent processed based around the Giveclarity Consent Model
- Built 3 email templates adapted from Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits & several content blogs.
- Added automation to allow storage of everything in email tracking for 2 years (Rather than 6 months).
- Two transactional journeys.
- The first interactive email form has been live for a few weeks now and helps with gathering information about Gift Aid declarations.
- Upskilling and enabling the WCR team in the practical application of Marketing Cloud.
- Since go-live in October 2022, up to 50,000 emails have been sent monthly
- Over 99% of emails sent with MC consistently land in people’s inboxes (4% higher than industry benchmarks), to 13k supporters.
- Using the Gift Aid dynamic block provided an additional 30 Gift Aid declarations already.
- WCR’s open rate is now 50% higher than the usual in the non-profit industry
- Open rate is also up 14.29% since going live with Marketing Cloud
- For example, the recent May 2023 newsletter for active donors had successful metrics:
- There is also 49% increase in the number emails sent in the last closed month (June 2023) compared to the first month after Marketing Cloud go-live
- Low unsubscribes – unique unsubscribes are down 7% since going live with Marketing Cloud
- There is good news in the quarter-to-quarter comparison, as well. An increase of over 10% in the sending volume has been seen when comparing Q1 and Q2 in 2023. Supporter engagement has improved regarding unique opens and clicks in this period too – with increases of circa 6 to 10%.
CRM & Analytics Manager, Worldwide Cancer Research
“The project was probably made bigger owing to our need to implement a new Lifestage model in tandem with the Marketing Cloud implementation, however we got a good steer on building flows in our CRM and data extensions in Marketing Cloud, which has really increased our own skillset in these areas of automation and our understanding of how the Sales Cloud system links with the Marketing Cloud platform.
Giveclarity consultants have continued to provide a good level of “post go- live hand-holding” as part of our annual support contract and we have really benefitted from this. ”
Support Journey Manager, Worldwide Cancer Research
“It was a big, complicated project for us, and some team members were brand new. The turnaround was quick which meant that the pace of learning was also quick. Giveclarity encouraged us do some of the build ourselves with their support so that we could learn about Marketing Cloud in a practical way and how best to use it. Our learning curve was steep, but the rewards have paid off in how comfortable we now feel using the tool.”